Kauai vacation packages -Diverse tropical landscapes from the Na Pali Coast to Waimea Canyon are not the only things that set Kauai apart from the rest of Hawaii. Early Polynesian settlers fought hard, and with dexterity, to protect the aina (land) and keep Kauai sovereign. As a result, unlike the other Hawaiian Islands, the Garden Isle was never conquered.
This history of proud warriors, while still substantially shrouded in mystery, differs from any other island in the Hawaiian Archipelago. read more here!
Kauai’s rebellious history
Most records, however, only cite attempts by King Kamehameha I to conquer Kauai under his regime. A complete story is that rulers had continually sought to take over the beautiful Garden Isle for centuries before the famed battles of Kamehameha the Great took place.
- King Kukona, known as the 7th Alii Aimoku (royalty) of Kauai, doesn’t get nearly as much credit for protecting his people as the more well-known King Kaumualii (the island’s last reigning king whom a Kauai highway is named after).
- Though Kaumualii was able to keep Kamehameha and his army at bay for many years, Kukona commanded a legendary battle around the 1300s that is rarely accounted for.
- The story goes that leaders from Oahu, Maui and Molokai were led into battle by Hawaii Island’s chief, Kalaunuiohua, to add Kauai to his dominion.
- However, Kukona would have no such thing—he was prepared for their arrival and after defeating the brazen warriors took all four chiefs into a hostage.
- The prisoners were not happy and conspired to kill Kukona, but the Maui chief, Kamaluohua, took issue with this plan.
Kauai vacation packages
There are several different vacation packages available for tourists attracted to Kauai, nicknamed the Garden Isle. These Kauai vacation packages offer to take the tourists to beautiful garden walks, sparkling sand beaches and enjoyable hiking trails. The more adventurous ones can always go for camping, boat tours and scuba diving.
Types of accommodations- Kauai resorts
Several different types of accommodations are offered under these vacation packages, including resorts, hotels, rented cottages, etc. Some of the biggest names in show business have chosen to get married on this island. There is no dearth of wedding planners who offer a complete Kauai vacation packages that include arrangements for the marriage followed by a memorable honeymoon on this island. visit http://koloalandingresort.com/ today!
Special Kauai vacation packages- tour and travel companies
A number of tour and travel companies offer special vacation packages for Kauai around the year. They often offer discounts too. There are a number of local events and festivals, which provide a wonderful opportunity for tourists to get a glimpse of the culture …